- 2 lbs. chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste about 1/4 teaspoon each
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 12 oz. baby potatoes, halved or quartered (optional)
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium red or yellow onions, cut into large pieces
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- Season the raw chicken with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add olive oil to saucepan and saute the chicken until golden brown.
- Transfer all ingredients into crock pot and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Serve with or without rice.