It’s no secret that Mimi’s potato salad is the best, but unfortunately I never got the recipe from her. Today I think I found it! Part of her secret recipe was ricing the potatoes:
- 2 lbs. potatoes (5 to 6 medium), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped (optional)
- 1 Cover potatoes with water in 4-quart sauce pot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
- 2 Combine Duke’s Mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper in large bowl. Add potatoes, onion and eggs and toss gently. Serve chilled or at room temperature.