- 6-8 boneless chicken thighs (I used 4 chicken breasts)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes optional or to taste
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves sliced or minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- zest of half a lemon
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika & red pepper flakes.
*Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until chicken reaches 165 degrees. Transfer browned chicken to plate and set aside.
- Return pan back to heat and melt butter. Stir in onions and garlic. Add lemon juice to deglaze pan and cook for 1 minute. Add Italian seasoning, lemon zest and chicken broth. Add the chicken back into the pan until heated through.
Spoon sauce over chicken and garnish with lemon slices, if desired.