Super easy side dish that is part healthy & delicious!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup finely grated mozzarella
- 1/4 cup pepperoni minis (I didn’t use these since I forgot to purchase beforehand)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning or Oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place sliced zucchini on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Bake until slightly tender, 5 minutes.
- Spoon a thin layer of sauce over each slice, then top with mozzarella and mini pepperoni. Sprinkle with dried oregano and bake until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted, 10 minutes more.