These turned out really good, my husband and I’s only complaint was that they weren’t spicy enough. Next time I cook them will add more spice to the recipe. Thanks Yumly for introducing me to the awesome http://www.jocooks.com website!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 basil leaves, chopped
- ½ head iceberg lettuce, cut into half
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat until oil is very hot. Add ground chicken and cook until no longer pink and starts to brown, break it up with a wooden spoon as necessary. Should take about 3 minutes.
- Add red curry paste, ginger, garlic, peppers, coleslaw mix, and stir-fry for another 3 minutes. Add hoisin sauce and green onions, and toss. Remove from heat then add basil and toss.Transfer cooked chicken to a bowl.
- Serve by placing spoonfuls of chicken into pieces of lettuce, fold lettuce over like small tacos, and eat.