Peaches a la Mode OR Apples a la Mode
- French Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 fresh peaches (skinned and pitted) OR 2 apples (skinned and cored) – cut in 1″ chunks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sherry
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- In a medium saucepan melt the 2 tbsp of butter.
- Add the peaches (or apples) to the pan and cook down covered until soft on low-medium heat. Lower the heat if the butter starts to burn. Approximately 20-25 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combing the vanilla, cinnamon, sugar, sherry, honey and kosher salt.
- Pour onto the softened fruit and cook down for another 8-10 minutes.
- Serve warm over french vanilla ice cream.