- 2 (14-ounce) cans fire-roasted tomatoes, drained if you like a thicker salsa
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 jalapeno, stem removed (and seeded, if you want less heat)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 lbs total)*
- 2 cups salsa (ingredients above)
- salt and pepper
- Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker and cover with salsa. Toss until the chicken is covered.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 6-8 hours), or until the chicken shreds easily with a fork. Shred the chicken in the slow cooker and toss with the remaining salsa and juices until well-mixed. Voila!