When my husband complained that he was tired of tacos and sloppy joes, I had to find a creative solution to the ground beef in the fridge, lo and behold this is a new household favorite!
- 1 lb Lean Ground beef
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Serve over rice – make according to rice instructions
- In a large skillet cook the beef until it is no longer pink. Make sure to break into crumbles.
- Whisk sugar, soy sauce, oil, ginger, red pepper flakes and pepper in a bowl. Pour over the ground beef and simmer with the lid on for 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice! We also served with stir fried broccoli and carrots.