Came across this recipe in one of those time lapse cooking videos on Facebook. It was a pleasant surprise when it turned out to be DELICIOUS.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt
- garlic powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp. shredded basil
- 4 slices mozzarella
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder and cook until golden and cooked through, 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add balsamic vinegar to skillet to deglaze, then add garlic and stir until fragrant, 1 minute. Add tomatoes and season with salt. Let simmer until soft, 12 minutes.
- Stir in basil.
- Return chicken to skillet and nestle in tomatoes. Top with a slice of mozzarella and cover with lid to melt cheese.
- Spoon tomatoes over chicken and serve.
Source (note they have a different measurement for the balsamic and different cook time on the tomatoes): http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a47169/caprese-chicken-recipe/