I like calling this one an emergency pasta sauce as well since I was in a pinch with no tomatoes. Here is a simple white sauce that is super easy to make.
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth (or you can use 1 can but thickening takes longer)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a medium sauce pan melt down the butter. Cook the garlic in the melted butter for about 1-2 minutes.
- Start whisking in the flour so that it begins to thicken, then slowly add the milk and broth into the mix. Continue to stir until it boils (medium heat).
- Once it has thickened to your desired level add in the parm, salt and pepper. Cook down for another 10 minutes.
- Serve over your choice of cooked pasta.