Wow, these wraps have some serious flavor! The whole family was pleasantly surprised with this healthy alternative to shrimp tacos!
- 1.5 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil, or extra-virgin olive oil, divided in half
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 fresh limes
- 8-10 romaine or butter lettuce leaves, rinsed and pat dried
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
1. In a large glass bowl, add shrimp, all seasonings, juice of 1 lime, garlic, and 1 Tablespoon of oil. Season with sea salt and pepper to your taste, then stir well to coat.
If time allows, refrigerate/marinate for 15 minutes or so, covered.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook until just pink, about 3-4 minutes
In a very large bowl add cooked shrimp, diced avocado, cilantro, chili slices, juice of 1 lime and remaining oil.
Gently stir to combine.
Taste test and season with a pinch of sea salt and pepper of needed.
Add spoonfuls of the avocado shrimp mixture lettuce leaves as shown, and enjoy.