Mimi and I decided to make this in Destin, and while it probably isn’t the healthiest meal I’ve posted on here, it sure is one of the most delicious ones.
- 1 lb dry rotini pasta
- 1/2 cup (a stick) of butter
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 5 tbsp fresh minced garlic
- 2 cups of half and half
- 1tsp to 1 1/2 tbsp Cajun Seasoning (Tony’s)
- 1 pound fresh, cooked or frozen Louisiana Crawfish Tails (make sure they don’t originate from China – those don’t taste good according to Mimi)
- Sprinkle of parsley (optional)
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Cracked Pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside in a strainer, drain well.
Melt the butter and saute the garlic for about 2 minutes, add sliced green onion and cook another 2 minutes. Stir in the half and half and cajun seasoning, taste to see if more cajun seasoning is needed. Cook down until thickened. Stir in the crawfish and cook for about 2 minutes. Add pasta, salt, pepper and pasta and stir rigorously to make sure it is thoroughly mixed. Cook for another 2 minutes and serve immediately or keep on a very low heat.
TIP: If you put the crawfish in too early they will overcook, the key is to add them at the last possible minute.
5 out of 5 stars.