This is a recipe I have been on the hunt for for a while. At last I have found one worthy of posting to the Cook Nook.
- 3 Pounds Sweet Potatoes (4-5 medium)
- 3 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp bourbon (I use Makers Mark)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, warmed
- 6 tbsp cold salted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 tbsp maple syrup plus more for drizzling
- Kosher Salt
- Preheat Oven to 4o0 degrees. Pierce the potatoes all over with a fork and place in the oven. Bake until completely soft (about 45 min.). Let cool slightly. Split the potatoes in half scoop out the flesh into a medium bowl and set aside. Discard the skin.
- Cook the bacon in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring, until crisp about 8-9 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate. Add bourbon to the drippings in the saucepan and cook until mostly evaporated, about 30 seconds. Add the potatoes, heavy cream, butter, maple syrup and 1 1/2 tsp salt; mash with potato masher until smooth and warmed through.
- Transfer the potatoes to a bowl; top with bacon and drizzle more maple syrup before serving.